Document Serving

New Zealand's largest network of experienced process servers. We provide fast, reliable and cost-effective legal document serving from Kaitaia to Bluff.

The Neill Group (TNG) are New Zealand’s most trusted process server. We have been providing fast, reliable and cost-effective legal document serving throughout New Zealand and worldwide since 1987.

We operate New Zealand’s largest team of process servers (legal document servers). Our regional based process servers have an excellent working knowledge of local geography and can access reliable sources of information.

A number of our process servers throughout New Zealand are former Court bailiffs, police officers and military personnel. Our people are the best process servers in New Zealand with significant experience serving legal process.

Over recent years, The Neill Group (TNG) continues its legacy as New Zealand’s leading process servers, we have been awarded a number of significant contracts to provide tracing, investigation and legal document serving throughout New Zealand.

Why do clients select us? Because the process servers engaged by The Neill Group (TNG) are widely recognised for their high success rate, vast experience, knowledge of legal process and investment in the latest field technology.

Our team of process servers located in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and across every region of New Zealand will professionally serve your legal documents, Court proceedings and dissolution of marriage applications.

We provide nationwide legal document serving for a growing number of New Zealand’s major banks, law firms, barristers, solicitors, government agencies, lending institutions and reputable debt collection companies.

With time critical documents and a fast approaching court deadline, you can rely on our highly-skilled and experienced process servers to serve your legal documents anywhere in New Zealand, on time, every time.

Why us?

Dion Neill served his first legal document in 1987! The Neill Group (TNG) operates a nationwide team of process servers with an excellent working knowledge of local geography.

We operate the largest network of experienced and highly-skilled Court approved process servers in New Zealand, operating from Kaitaia to Bluff.

A number of our process servers throughout New Zealand are former bailiffs, police officers and military personnel. Our people are the best process servers in New Zealand with significant experience serving legal process.

We are authorised to serve criminal documents pursuant to the Summary Proceedings Act 1957. We serve legal documents correctly and abide by the Courts rules of service.

We use informants, public databases, information sources and an extensive range of proven tracing methods to assist in serving the most evasive defendants or recipients.

Our robust processes and latest document serving management software ensures we remain a formidable competitor as one of New Zealand’s leading process servers.

We are more than process servers who serve legal documents. We also provide a courier service for sensitive, time-critical and confidential documents throughout New Zealand and worldwide.

Our carefully vetted former baliffs, police officers and military personnel will personally deliver your legal documents to the intended recipient or location.

We use the most advanced technology to ensure your documents are protected with the highest-level of physical and electronic security at all times.

What documents do we serve?

We professionally serve all legal documents and Court proceedings, including:

  • District Court documents
  • Family Court documents
  • High Court documents
  • Dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications
  • Court summonses
  • Bankruptcy notices
  • Demand notices
  • Trespass notices
  • Insolvency documents
  • Orders for examination
  • Charging documents
  • International process

We Serve Trespass Notices & Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) Applications in New Zealand.

We serve dissolution of marriage applications in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and throughout New Zealand.

In simple terms, dissolving a marriage or civil union is the legal term for divorce. The Family Court in New Zealand can end your marriage or civil union by making an order for dissolving your marriage. 

The Family Court has the authority to legally end your marriage or civil union once you and you partner have lived apart for a minimum of two years. If you have children together the Family Court must be satisfied that arrangements have been made for their care and welfare.

There are two types of marriage dissolution applications:

1. If both you and your partner want a divorce – If you have grounds to do so, both you and your partner, you need to ask the Family Court for a marriage of dissolution order.

Click this link for information on applying for a divorce (when you both agree).

2. If only one of you wants a divorce: As the applicant, you will need to ask the Family Court to make a decision. This is known an applying for an order. If you are applying for an order, you (or your legal representative) become responsible for ensuring that your application is correctly served on the recipient.

Click this link for information on applying for a divorce (on your own)

Serving New Zealand Trespass Notices

In New Zealand there is no legal requirement to give a trespass notice in writing – however a written document reinforces the situation for the person, they cannot say they did not know of the notice and of the requirement to leave and not return.

There are two ways to deliver a trespass notice:

1. Verbal trespass

If you deliver a trespass notice verbally, it is advisable to record the date and time along with the reason for giving a trespass notice to that person. Also record the name or description of the person asked to leave.

2. Written trespass

If you undertake a written trespass, complete three copies of the Trespass Notice: One copy to the person you are serving, one copy for you to keep, one copy to give to your nearest police station for their records (this is used if enforcement be required). To serve a notice you simply hand it to the person. If they refuse to accept it and it drops on the ground, it is still considered served.

Keep that copy and note down that the person refused to accept the notice. You are required to give a reasonable time for the trespasser to leave. If the person stays or takes an unreasonable time to comply, call the Police.

What do you do if the recipient decides to ignore the trespass notice?

If someone comes back after you have given them a trespass notice they will have committed an offence, immediately call the Police. It is an offence punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000.00 or imprisonment not exceeding 3 months to enter an address that you have been trespassed from within 2 years from the date of receiving the notice.

0800 482 738

Licence Number: 11-000153


Copyright © The Neill Group. All Rights Reserved