new zealand field agents, private investigators, repossession agents & legal document servers since 1987.
Do you have a problem that surveillance or private investigation could solve? The Neill Group has 35 + years of experience with successfully managing private and commercial issues.
Are you searching for a professional field agent, process server or private investigator? We can help.
The Neill Group is a multi-award winning agency based in Wellington. We operate New Zealand's largest network of field agents, private investigators and process servers (legal document servers), extending from Kaitaia to Bluff. We also have an extensive global network of contacts, resources and informants to provide solutions to complex problems. Using our significant knowledge of people, locations and information caches, we are able to conduct effective investigations, process serving and field assignments anywhere in the country.
Our founder, Dion Neill is Wellington's longest-serving private investigator and one of New Zealand's most experienced security professionals. His career began with a period of service in the New Zealand defence forces and emergency services with advanced training by former police officers, military specialists and intelligence operatives. During his time at the Royal New Zealand Police College, Dion gained a Certificate in Investigation Skills. He has also been board certified as a fraud examiner, and has achieved a Diploma of Security and Risk Management, along with a number of other recognised credentials.
"We are committed to working together in a transparent partnership with every client regardless of size or stature. The bespoke solutions and professional services we provide are not static, they evolve with our clients needs" Dion Neill, Founder & Licence Holder
Our people act within the law at all times, and are governed by a strict code of ethics and professional standards. Each team member contributes to a huge resource of collective experience from the defence forces, intelligence and law enforcement sector. All of our people are professionally trained, police vetted and government licensed. They have been carefully selected for their proven resilience, unique skill sets and operational expertise. We offer every client a genuine commitment to delivering exceptional service with integrity and the highest level of professionalism.
Are you Google searching for 'field agent', 'process server' or 'private investigator' in Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch? When looking for field agents, process servers or private investigators (PI) in New Zealand, we urge you to be vigilant, act with caution and safeguard your reputation. Always ask to see referrals, certifications and recognised qualifications. Please note: Dion Neill and The Neill Group are not associated with Reon Viles or Wellington Investigations 2013 Limited
Awards and community service
Dion Neill and The Neill Group has received a number of awards recognising our commitment to delivering an exceptional level of service to every client. Dion is a proud recipient of the New Zealand defence forces service medal, St John service medal and long service award from the Wellington Free Ambulance. He is a supporter of GoodSAM, Flashlight, Life Flight Trust, Wellington Free Ambulance and New Zealand Police Dog Trust.
- St John Service Medal
- New Zealand Defence Forces Service Medal
- Wellington Free Ambulance Long Service Award
- Finalist - 2021 New Zealand Security Awards
- Finalist - 2022 Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAS)
What do our clients say? Please view our testimonials page. We have a number of 5 star online reviews on Bark, Google and Trustpilot, along with recognition as #1 Wellington Private Investigators from Top Reviews and #1 Best Private Detectives from Star of Service.
Why choose us?
- Our people are sourced exclusively from the security, defence forces, intelligence and law enforcement sector.
- We are widely respected for our tenacity, knowledge and commitment to providing exceptional results.
- Our capabilities are extensive; we manage hundreds of nationwide investigations and field assignments every year.
- We have a proven track record that extends over three decades with industry-recognised credentials.
- Our team members are vetted, Police-approved and government licensed; we carry out extensive background and criminal history checks.
- We use technology, informants and intelligence sources throughout New Zealand and worldwide that are second to none.
- We operate New Zealand's largest network of field agents, private investigators, repossession agents and legal document servers.
- Our experienced nationwide process serving team will serve your documents in a professional manner to withstand any legal scrutiny.
- We provide the most competitive fee structure for process serving throughout New Zealand with special rates for significant volumes.
- The Neill Group uses a recognised quality management system to ensure our continuous innovation, improvement and service delivery.
- We are New Zealand's most experienced process servers; we know how to serve documents and legal process in accordance with the rules of service.
- The Neill Group are licensed by the Private Security Personnel Licensing Authority as security consultants, private investigators and repossession agents.
- We use the latest GPS technology and file management software to provide clients with updates in real time, live from the field.
- Our process servers are authorised to serve criminal proceedings in New Zealand pursuant to the Summary Proceedings Act 1957.
- We apply investigation methodologies based on recognised best practice with robust processes and standard operating procedures.
Trust is an important element of our client relationships. Our agents and associates must sign a confidentiality agreement prior to deployment on any operational assignment.
We have an established local and international network of alliance partners and associates who are experts in the security, investigation and risk management sectors. Our current membership of the World Association of Detectives (WAD), ASIS International and New Zealand Security Association (NZSA) adds strength to our national and global operational capability.
We have contributed to Fair Go and A Current Affair, Channel 9, Australia. Dion Neill appeared on the TVNZ and Sky TV crime series, 'Private Investigators'. He was interviewed on the TV ONE Breakfast Show regarding protecting high profile people in New Zealand. Dion featured in Stuff and The Dominion Post newspaper article on private investigators.
The Neill Group provides clients with cost-effective and professional legal document serving by New Zealand's leading process servers. Our reputation for successful process serving throughout New Zealand is rock solid.
Our carefully vetted and experienced process servers in Wellington and across every region of New Zealand will professionally serve your legal documents, court proceedings and dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications.
The Neill Group operates the largest network of experienced field agents, process servers and private investigators from Kaitaia to Bluff. Our document serving team work assiduously to serve your legal documents anywhere in New Zealand, on time, every time.
Our field agents are also licensed as repossession agents. We know a personal visit from one of our skilled agents is an effective way to ensure compliance of legal and contractual obligations.
The Neill Group provides a broad range of nationwide field services, including tracing, field visits, interviews, process serving, debt negotiation, asset recoveries, floor plan audits and mystery shopper campaigns.
We provide floorplan audits of motor vehicle dealerships, as well as the assessment of assets for major banks and financial institutions. We carry out field visits to confirm addresses, negotiate payment arrangements and inspect secured assets.
We are Wellington's longest serving private investigators and surveillance specialists. Our licensed private investigators are former members of the police, military and intelligence sectors.
Our Wellington based private investigation team are highly proficient at investigating fraud, theft, stalkers and suspected infidelity (relationship dishonesty). We collaborate with forensic experts and document examiners.
We also have a lengthy track record of tracing missing people, including debtors, defendants, family members and birth parents. We use proven tracing methods and techniques, including data mining to locate people throughout New Zealand and worldwide.
- Dion Neill our founder is one of New Zealand's longest serving private investigators and security professionals.
- We have invested in the latest GPS technology and file management software to provide clients with live updates from the field.
- Our private investigators apply investigation methodologies based on recognised best practice and operating procedures.
- We engage associates throughout New Zealand who are sourced from the defence forces, law enforcement and intelligence sectors.
- The Neill Group operates New Zealand's largest network of field agents, process servers, private investigators and repossession agents.
Licensing & Compliance
The Neill Group is the approved trading name of Dion Neill (licence number: 11-000153). The Neill Group is licensed by the Private Security Personnel Licensing Authority as personal guards, property guards, security consultants, crowd controllers, monitoring officers, private investigators, repossession agents and confidential document destruction agents.
The Neill Group complies with the New Zealand Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act 2010. The Neill Group operate to the New Zealand and Australian Security Risk Management framework (AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009) and is aligned to the New Zealand Government's Protective Security Requirements (PSR).
We have implemented a recognised quality assurance programme to provide the framework for business continuity, operational capability and management requirements. Our quality assurance framework provides an additional layer of business transparency and accountability.