The Neill Group (TNG) professionally serves legal documents, court proceedings and dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications along with court summonses, demand notices, eviction notices and other time-critical documents across every region of New Zealand.

TNG are authorised to serve New Zealand court documents pursuant to section 25 (1) of the summary proceedings act 1957. TNG is an approved process serving agency for the service of charging documents and criminal proceedings on behalf of government agencies. 

A number of our Wellington and New Zealand wide process servers are also licensed by the Ministry of Justice as private investigators with the proven ability to trace and serve the most evasive defendants.

Our dedicated New Zealand court authorised process servers in Wellington and throughout New Zealand will provide you with constant communication throughout the entire process, your instructions are managed with the strictest confidence.

With time sensitive legal documents and a fast approaching court deadline, you need a process serving team that you can rely on to get the service completed, quickly, diligently and accurately! We can help, contact us with confidence. 


Why Us? 
  • We manage the largest Wellington and nationwide network of process servers who will serve your documents professionally
  • We abide by the New Zealand courts rules of service and will serve your documents to the defendant or recipient in the correct manner
  • We will serve your legal documents anywhere in Wellington, New Zealand or worldwide using an extensive network of process servers
  • We provide you with a regional based team of diligent, competent and highly-skilled process servers with exceptional local knowledge
  • We provide the most competitive fee structure in the market on a nationwide basis with a fee reduction for large volumes of process serving assignments

With the very latest technology, clients monitor every step of the service process live from the field. Our software provides clients with accurate reporting and transparency across all document and legal process serving activities.



Cant locate your debtor or defendant? We can help! The Neill Group has a network of licensed private investigators with experience successfully locating missing people. Our industry leading methodologies and unbeatable experience allows us implement appropriate tracing methods to obtain current information to assist with service of legal documents or debt collection efforts.



Professional Document Serving in Wellington & New Zealand Wide


The Neill Group was established by Dion Neill who served his first document in 1986! Our high success rate combined with our robust processes and the very latest process serving software ensures we remain a formidable competitor for process serving throughout New Zealand.

A process server is an individual who serves legal process, court proceedings, dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications and other New Zealand or international legal documents. The courts in New Zealand require an individual named in the court proceedings to be personally served by a process server.

Our process servers deliver a diverse range of legal documents that often require an individual to attend a court hearing. The document serving team at TNG are ready to take on any challenge and work assiduously to deliver your documents on time and professionally with integrity.

The Neill Group serves legal documents in all countries of the world, including the service of international process anywhere in New Zealand.

Our trained and highly-experienced process servers (legal document servers) in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and every region of New Zealand will professionally serve your court proceedings, dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications and international legal process, including:

  • District Court Documents
  • Family Court Documents
  • High Court Documents
  • Employment Court Documents
  • Child Custody Orders
  • Tenancy Eviction Notices
  • Dissolution of Marriage Applications
  • Family Protection Orders
  • Court Summonses
  • Bankruptcy Notices
  • Demand Notices
  • Trespass Notices
  • Property Law Act Notices
  • Orders for Examination
  • Charging Documents
  • International Court Subpoenas
  • Company Receivership Documents
  • Sensitive Personal or Commercial Documents


Information on Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) Proceedings

Dissolving a marriage or civil union’ is the legal term for divorce. The Family Court can end your marriage or civil union by making a Dissolution Order. You can ask the Family Court to legally end your marriage or civil union if:

  • you have been living apart for 2 years or more and
  • at least 1 of you is domiciled in New Zealand. In general, ‘domiciled’ means that New Zealand is your permanent home, even if you are or have been living overseas for a time.

You can be considered to be domiciled in New Zealand when:

  • you were born in New Zealand and have not made a home in another country with the intention of living in that country for an indefinite time. You could still be considered to be domiciled in New Zealand if you are living or working in another country but are not planning to stay there indefinitely
  • you were born overseas but have made a home in New Zealand with the intention of living here for an indefinite time.

The fact that you were married or entered into a civil union in New Zealand is not enough on its own to allow you to apply for a divorce in New Zealand. At least 1 of you needs to be domiciled in New Zealand when the application is made.

If you were married or entered into a civil union overseas, you can apply for a Dissolution Order in New Zealand if 1 of you has been domiciled in New Zealand when the application is made.

If you lived together within the last 2 years, because you were trying to get back together after separating, you can still apply for a divorce. However, you need to tell the court in your application that you did this to try to get back together.

You can try to get back together more than once during the 2 years, as long as the total time you spend together trying to reconcile is not more than 3 months.


Agree on the care of children

If you have children together, the court must be satisfied that arrangements have been made for their day-to-day care and other aspects of their welfare.

Find out more about agreeing on the care of children


Applying for a divorce

You can ask the Family Court for a divorce together, or just 1 of you can ask:


Dividing Relationship Property

If you need the court’s help dividing your relationship property, you need to make a separate application within 12 months of your divorce. The court may extend this time frame.

Find out more about dividing relationship property


Trespassing and Serving Trespass Notices

In New Zealand there is no legal requirement to give a trespass notice in writing – however a written document reinforces the situation for the person, they cannot say they did not know of the notice and of the requirement to leave and not return.

Our team of Wellington and nationwide process servers have decades of experience serving trespass notices for companies, private individuals, public organisation and government agencies.


Why use a process server to serve a trespass notice?
  • You may find serving a trespass notice yourself to be difficult or you may be expecting a negative response from the recipient.

  • Our process servers are experienced with serving trespass notices even on volatile recipients.

  • We will serve the trespass notice professionally and as required by law.


There are two ways to deliver a trespass notice, we can assist with the service of a written trespass notice

1. Verbal trespass

If you deliver a trespass notice verbally, it is advisable to record the date and time along with the reason for giving a trespass notice to that person. Also record the name or description of the person asked to leave.

2. Written trespass

If you undertake a written trespass, complete three copies of the Trespass Notice:

  • one copy to the person you are serving the trespass notice on

  • one copy for you to keep

  • one copy to give to the nearest police station or attending police officer, for entering into the police records database

To serve a notice you simply hand it to the person. If they refuse to accept it and it drops on the ground, it is still considered served. Keep that copy and note down that the person refused to accept the notice. You are required to give a reasonable time for the trespasser to leave. If the person stays or takes an unreasonable time to comply then call the police.


Penalties of ignoring the trespass notice

It is an offence punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000.00 or imprisonment not exceeding 3 months to enter the an address that you have been trespassed from within 2 years from the date of receiving the notice.

You might want someone to leave your home or place of work for a number of reasons. They may be committing offences on your property, such as shoplifting, being disorderly or simply have no right to be there.

There is no legal requirement to give a trespass notice in writing. However, a written document reinforces the situation for the person given the trespass notice; they cannot say they did not know of the notice and requirement to leave and not return.


Serving a written trespass notice

To serve a trespass notice in writing, you need to make three copies of the notice. One copy is for you, one is for the person being trespassed, and you take the third to your nearest police station. To deliver the notice, you or a process server can hand it to the trespasser in person or send it to their address by mail.

If you are delivering the notice in person and the trespasser lets it fall to the ground (e.g. if the recipient refuses to accept it), keep their copy and write on it that the person refused to accept it.

The police website has further information about serving a trespass notice, including a trespass notice template which you can download and use.

Click here to view the legislation relating to the New Zealand Trespass Act 1980

Note: Please ensure you visit the Ministry of Justice website for the current forms and information.



Proudly Serving Wellington & New Zealand Wide Since 1987!