Why Us?

  • We operate the largest network of Wellington and nationwide process servers 
  • We are the preferred document serving agency for government agencies
  • We are authorised to serve criminal documents pursuant to the Summary Proceedings Act 1957
  • We serve documents correctly and abide by the New Zealand courts rules of service 
  • We manage a regional based team of competent process servers with an extensive knowledge of local geography
  • We provide the most competitive nationwide fee structure with fee reductions for regular clients
  • We have served over 3000 legal documents in the greater Wellington region and throughout New Zealand since 1987!
  • We use confidential informants, public databases and a range of proven tracing methods to provide active  intelligence that will assist us in serving the most evasive defendants.


Professional Legal Document Serving by New Zealand's Leading Process Servers


Our vetted and experienced legal document servers in Wellington and across every region of New Zealand will professionally serve your legal documents, court proceedings and dissolution of marriage applications.

We facilitate legal document serving in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and throughout New Zealand using our extensive network of high-calibre nationwide process servers.

The Neill Group have been awarded a number of significant contracts to provide legal document serving throughout New Zealand, why do clients select us?

We are widely recognised for our high success rate,  vast experience, knowledge of legal process and investment in the latest technology.

Serving Your Legal Documents Since 1987 

Dion Neill served his first legal document in 1987! Our high success rate combined with our robust processes and the very latest software ensures we remain a formidable competitor for process serving in Wellington and throughout New Zealand.

A process server is an individual who serves court proceedings, dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications and other legal documents. The New Zealand courts require an individual named in the court proceedings to be personally served by a process server.

Our process servers deliver a diverse range of legal documents that often require an individual to attend a court hearing. Our document serving team are ready to take on any challenge and work assiduously to deliver your legal documents on time and professionally.

With time critical documents and a fast approaching deadline, you need a reliable process server who can serve your legal documents quickly and in accordance with the New Zealand courts, rules of service. With thousands of documents served across New Zealand, you can be confident that we will always deliver, on time and every time!

Our trained and highly-experienced process servers in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and across every region of New Zealand professionally serve all documents, including:

  • District Court Documents
  • Family Court Documents
  • High Court Documents
  • Employment Court Documents
  • Child Custody Orders
  • Tenancy Eviction Notices
  • Dissolution of Marriage Applications
  • Family Protection Orders
  • Court Summonses
  • Bankruptcy Notices
  • Demand Notices
  • Trespass Notices
  • Property Law Act Notices
  • Orders for Examination
  • Charging Documents
  • International Court Subpoenas
  • Company Receivership Documents
  • Sensitive Personal or Commercial Documents


New Zealand Divorce Applications


When you apply for a divorce in New Zealand, you need to complete an application for dissolution of marriage (divorce proceedings). This information is available from your local Family Court.

The Family Court will process your application and give you a set of documents that need to be given to (served on) your ex-partner by someone else (not you).

Click this link to find out more about serving documents

Types of Divorce Applications 

1. If both you and your partner want a divorce

If you have grounds to do so, both you and your partner ASK the Family Court for a Marriage of Dissolution Order.

Follow this link: Apply for a divorce – when you both agree.

2. If only one of you wants a divorce

You will need to ask the Family Court to make a decision. This is known an APPLYING for an Order. 

If you are applying for an Order, you (or your lawyer) become responsible for ensuring that your application documents are SERVED on the other person. 

Employ a process server (legal document server), you can't serve the documents yourself.






Follow this link: Apply for a divorce – on your own. 

If your ex-partner doesn’t want a divorce or they won’t agree to apply together or you don’t want to ask them to apply together, you can apply on your own.

Note: When you print the forms it’s important to print them single sided.

  1. Fill in the forms in the application pack:
    One party application for divorce (Order dissolving a marriage or civil union) [PDF, 4.5 MB]
  2. Also include:
  3. File your application. This means your documents need to be delivered personally or posted to your local Family Court by you or your lawyer.

Locating Your Ex-Partner

The Neill Group can assist in tracing your ex-partner.

If you are applying for a divorce and don’t know where your ex-partner is living, you can ask the court if you can change the way the documents are served (this is called substituted service).

However, you must try to locate your ex-partner yourself first before applying for substituted service.

Click this link for information on substituted service substituted service – G21 & affidavit [PDF, 211 KB]


Trespass Notices

There is no legal requirement to give a trespass notice in writing – a trespass notice reinforces the seriousness of the situation, the recipient can not state they had no knowledge of the notice. The Neill Group serves trespass notices for private individuals and business owners in Wellington and throughout New Zealand.

There are two ways to deliver a trespass notice:

1. Verbal Trespass

If you deliver a trespass notice verbally, it is advisable to record the date and time along with the reason for giving a trespass notice to that person. Also record the name or description of the person asked to leave.

2. Written Trespass

If you undertake a written trespass, complete three copies of the Trespass Notice:

  • one copy to the person you are serving the trespass notice on

  • one copy for you to keep

  • one copy to give to the nearest police station or attending police officer, for entering into the Police records database

To serve a notice you simply hand it to the person. If they refuse to accept it and it drops on the ground, it is still considered served. Keep that copy and note down that the person refused to accept the notice.

You are required to give a reasonable time for the trespasser to leave. If the person stays or takes an unreasonable time, call the police.

Ignoring a Trespass Notice

If the recipient continues to visit your home or business premises and you have served a trespass notice on the recipient, they will have committed an offence against the trespass act and can be arrested.

It is an offence punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000.00 or imprisonment not exceeding 3 months to enter an address that you have been trespassed from within two years from the date of receiving the notice.


Serving New Zealand Wide

The Neill Group is a Wellington based agency with the largest network of process servers (legal document servers) in every area and region of New Zealand, including:

Northland, Whangarei, Auckland, Wellsford, Warkworth, Orewa, Albany, Takapuna, Mangere, Manurewa, Pukekohe, Coromandel Peninsular, Thames, Waihi, Whangamata, Whitianga, Waikato, Hamilton, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Huntly, Morrinsville, Matamata, Putaruru, Tokoroa, Otorohanga, King Country, Taumarunui, Te Kuiti, Waitomo, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Te Puke, Whakatane, Kawerau, Opotiki, Rotorua, Taupo, Turangi, Murupara, East Cape, Gisborne, Tolaga Bay, Tokomaru Bay, Ruatoria, Te Kaha, Taranaki, Wanganui, New Plymouth, Stratford, Hawera, Waitara, Inglewood, Manawatu, National Park, Waiouru, Taihape, Palmerston North, Marton, Bulls, Feilding, Ashhurst, Foxton, Horowhenua, Levin, Otaki, Kapiti, Waikanae, Paraparaumu, Paekakariki, Wellington, Plimmerton, Porirua, Tawa, Johnsonville, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Wainuiomata, Hawkes Bay, Wairoa, Napier, Hastings, Havelock, Waipukurau, Dannevirke, Wairarapa: Featherston, Pahiatua, Masterton, Carterton, Greytown, Tasman, Nelson, Blenheim, Picton, Motueka, West Coast, Westport, Greymouth, Hokitika, Wanaka, Queenstown, Twizel, Alexander, Te Anau, Canterbury, Christchurch, Kaikoura, Ashburton, Southland, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill, Balclutha, Mossburn, Gore.