tracing, asset recoverIES & FIELD SERVICES
A personal visit by a professional field agent is a proven method of ensuring compliance with legal and contractual obligations.
The Neill Group provides a range of Wellington and nationwide field based services, including audits, field visits (also known as field calls), repossessions, asset recoveries and private investigations. We work in sensitive environments that require diplomacy and care because of potential brand, company or reputation damage. A key to our success is a structured process utilising professional field agents who have the ability to communicate with people at every level.
We are engaged to assist organisations in the field to interact with people who respond best to a personal field visit, including people with addiction or mental health issues. This group of people often include those with difficulties understanding English, literacy or learning issues. We have worked in sensitive environments that require additional care because of potential brand or reputation damage.
We are the field agency of choice in the Wellington region for process servers, private investigators, finance companies, lending institutions and debt collection agencies. Our nationwide field team can audit motor vehicle dealership floor plans, verify financial information, trace and locate hidden assets and investigate credit related fraud and suspected identity theft. Our field agents possess the experience to deescalate conflict and negotiate a solution that will work for you.
A field visit is when a field agent goes to the debtor’s location to confirm their address, discuss the implications involved of not paying their debt, and to arrange to have the debt paid by an approved arrangement. A visit from a trained field agent shows the debtor that your company is taking the outstanding debt seriously. Field visits are conducted by experienced field agents in Wellington and throughout New Zealand.
Are you Google searching for 'field agents', 'repossession agents' or 'private investigators Wellington', 'field agents', 'repossession agents' or 'private investigators New Zealand'? When looking for a field agent, process server, repossession agent or private investigator in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or anywhere else in New Zealand, we urge you to be vigilant, act with caution and safeguard your reputation.
We strongly suggest you do not rely on Google reviews, as we have established a number proven that some of our competitors are using fabricated Google reviews to gain the trust and confidence of prospective clients. Google reviews can be written by the same reviewer using various aliases. Google reviews; they can also be purchased from various marketing companies on the internet.
- We have a nationwide team of licensed field agents, repossession agents and private investigators from Kaitaia to Bluff, we work everywhere.
- Our professional field agents conduct personal visits to negotiate payment arrangements and or to confirm the whereabouts of absconded clients or debtors.
- We carry out commercial evictions when the property owner has the legal right to re-enter a premises as a result of arrears on a rental or lease agreement.
- We have decades of experience with working in sensitive environments that require diplomacy and a high degree of care because of potential brand or reputation damage.
Are you licensed as repossession agents?
Yes, we are licensed as repossession agents in New Zealand by the Ministry of Justice (PSPLA). We provide field services including repossessions as approved agents for Intercoll, BayCorp (CreditCorp), Motor Trade Finance and other reputable clients. Please note, we will not engage in any repossession activities that may include the recovery of chattels or personal property named in a credit or finance agreement.
Our field services
- Asset and property inspections.
- Vehicle dealership floor plan audits.
- Mystery shopper visits and retail audits.
- Serving documents and court proceedings.
- Tracing absconded clients and debtors.
- Negotiating payment arrangements.
- Interviewing third parties for insurance matters.
- Repossessing motor vehicles and hidden assets.
- Commercial evictions (only when the property owner has the legal right to re-enter a premises or execute a legal warrant).
Our field visit process
- Visit and confirm the debtor’s address
- Serve demand letters or legal documents on the debtor
- Confirm debtor’s contact details, including email address
- Interview the debtor regarding their personal and financial situation
- Make demand for payment of arrears and negotiate a payment arrangement
- Evaluate the debtor’s assets and any property for potential legal action
- Report on condition of the debtor’s assets and property including any loan security
- If the debtor has absconded, interview neighbours and commence tracing inquiries
We use proven tracing techniques including data mining to gather information on the whereabouts of a missing (or hidden) person. Depending on how much information you have, and how long the person of interest has been gone, tracing a missing person can happend much faster than you think.
Of course, some assignments are more challenging. When a missing person case is not a simple database job, it may take significantly more effort to locate them. We have a solid track record of successfully locating people anywher in New Zealand and internationally. We assist charities and volunteer social agencies on a pro bono basis to trace birth parents and lost family members.
Audits & inspections
We ensure that assets and motor vehicles sold through motor vehicle dealerships are compliant with the manufacturers’ documentation, including VIN details. We sight the secured assets, collect data (serial and model numbers) and if necessary, take photographic evidence.
Nationwide field visits
When you can't contact your client or debtor, the most appropriate action is a personal visit from one of our professional field agents. A visit by our field services team often results in identity verification and the confirmation of assets, property and motor vehicle ownership.
Our Wellington and nationwide field agents and repossession agents have the ability to communicate with people at every level. We have experience interacting safely with people who respond best to a personal visit, including people with mental health or addiction issues.
We offer business and commercial cliets a comprehensive investigation service to gather evidence and safeguard their business interests. Our modern technology, advanced investigative techniques and formidable experience enable us to take on every type of investigation assignment.
As a client, you are our first priority and recovering losses on your behalf is one of our key objectives. We obtain factual information and evidential statements from offenders, witnesses and people of interest.
An experienced financial fraud investigator or commercial investigator can assist you with any concerns, including criminal actvity and misconduct cases. We investigate with professionalism to keep your people, assets and reputation safe.
The Neill Group acts on behalf of a number of New Zealand insurance companies to assist in the recovery of debts from individuals deemed to be liable for a loss. Our field services are often used to locate people involved in a motor vehicle crash who are not insured.
Asset recovery (repossessions)
W are licensed in New Zealand by the Private Security Personnel Licensing Authority as repossession agents. Since 1987, we have recovered boats, aircraft, vehicles, spa pools, EFTPOS terminals and commercial equipment in every region of New Zealand.
We only accept instructions from banks, financial institutions and government agencies. We will not engage in any asset recovery process that includes household chattels used as security on a personal loan.