TNG operates New Zealand’s largest network of regional based process servers (legal document servers). 

TNG facilitates the cost-effective serving of district court, family court and high court proceedings along with summonses, demand notices, trespass notices, dissolution of marriage applications and time-critical documents in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and across New Zealand.

TNG are authorised to serve New Zealand Court documents pursuant to Section 25 (1) of the Summary Proceedings Act 1957. TNG are also approved to serve charging documents and criminal proceedings on behalf of government agencies.

TNG remains the process servers of choice to the New Zealand and international legal fraternity. With the very latest technology, clients monitor every step of the document service process directly from the field. Our software provides clients with accurate reporting and transparency across all document and legal process serving activities.

Please click the video clip to view an introduction to our document service management software.

What is a Process Server?

A process server is an individual who serves legal process, court proceedings or other legal documents. The courts in New Zealand require an individual named in the court proceedings to be personally served by an authorised process server.

Our process servers deliver a diverse range of legal documents that often require an individual to attend a court hearing. The document serving team at TNG are ready to take on any challenge and work assiduously to deliver your documents on time and professionally with integrity.

Fee Structure 

TNG provides a highly-competitive flat fee structure to clients within Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and the main regions of New Zealand. TNG offers a fee reduction for regular monthly volumes of document serving and legal process serving assignments.

Service of Legal Documents & Court Proceedings 

Our process servers in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and in every region of New Zealand will serve your court proceedings, divorce applications and international legal documents, including:

  • District Court Documents
  • Family Court Documents
  • High Court Documents
  • Employment Court Documents
  • Child Custody Orders
  • Tenancy Eviction Notices
  • Dissolution of Marriage Applications (Divorce)
  • Family Protection Orders
  • Court Summonses
  • Bankruptcy Notices
  • Demand Notices
  • Trespass Notices
  • Property Law Act Notices
  • Orders for Examination
  • Charging Documents
  • International Court Subpoenas
  • Company Receivership Documents
  • Sensitive Personal or Commercial Documents

Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) Applications 

Our highly experienced process servers have a solid working knowledge of the legal requirements regarding the personal service of dissolution of marriage applications (commonly referred to as divorce documents or divorce papers).

There are several good reasons why you should use an independent process, we are not personally known to you or the party being served and we are aware of the rules regarding serving legal documents.

The family court in New Zealand manages the document process to end your marriage or civil union relationship. Divorce proceedings can only commence once both parties have separated and resides apart for a minimum two year period.

If you have children as part of the relationship, the family court must be satisfied that acceptable arrangements have been made for their daily care and welfare. The following information and related links may prove useful when seeking out further advice regarding the service of divorce applications and other domestic related legal proceedings:

Find out more about agreeing on the care of children

There are two types of divorce proceedings in New Zealand:

1. If both parties wants to divorce

If you have grounds to do so, both you and your partner request the local family court for a Marriage of Dissolution Order.

Apply for a divorce – when you both agree.

2. If only one of the parties wants a divorce

You will need to ask your local family court to make a decision. This process is known as applying for an order. If you are applying for an order, you or your legal representative are responsible for ensuring that your application documents are correctly served on the other party. You cannot serve them yourself.

Apply for a divorce – on your own

If you need the court’s help dividing your relationship property, you need to make a separate application within 12 months of your divorce. The court may extend this time frame.

Find out more about dividing relationship property

Trespass Notices

You might want someone to leave your home or place of work for a number of reasons. They may be committing offences on your property, such as shoplifting, being disorderly or simply have no right to be there.

There is no legal requirement to give a trespass notice in writing. However, a written document reinforces the situation for the person given the trespass notice; they cannot say they did not know of the notice and requirement to leave and not return.

We have extensive experience serving trespass notices for companies and individuals. We are not known to the recipient so this elevates any issues of a personal connection. The serving of any legal document including trespass notices can be very stressful.

Our process servers are trained to mitigate and manage any risk associated with serving documents including hostile recipients. If you wish to serve a trespass notice, you must complete and correctly serve three copies of the current version of a New Zealand trespass notice.

Visit the legislation New Zealand website to read the Trespass Act 1980 (link is external).

Use this trespass notice form

  • one copy must be served on the recipient
  • one copy to be delivered to the closest police station
  • one copy for your records

To serve a trespass notice you need to personally hand the trespass notice to the recipient.

If the recipient refuses to accept the trespass notice then the court rules of serving legal process will apply, the legal position is that the documents are legally served once the recipient is positively identified and the document has been brought to their attention.

TNG Document & Legal Process Servers - Wellington & Nationwide

New Zealand & International Services

TNG are based in Wellington with a nationwide network of Field Agents, Private Investigators, Security Professionals and Process Servers (Legal Document Servers) in every district and region of New Zealand, including:

Northland, Whangarei, Auckland, Wellsford, Warkworth, Orewa, Albany, Takapuna, Mangere, Manurewa, Pukekohe, Coromandel Peninsular, Thames, Waihi, Whangamata, Whitianga, Waikato, Hamilton, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Huntly, Morrinsville, Matamata, Putaruru, Tokoroa, Otorohanga, King Country, Taumarunui, Te Kuiti, Waitomo, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Te Puke, Whakatane, Kawerau, Opotiki, Rotorua, Taupo, Turangi, Murupara, East Cape, Gisborne, Tolaga Bay, Tokomaru Bay, Ruatoria, Te Kaha, Taranaki, Wanganui, New Plymouth, Stratford, Hawera, Waitara, Inglewood, Manawatu, National Park, Waiouru, Taihape, Palmerston North, Marton, Bulls, Feilding, Ashhurst, Foxton, Horowhenua, Levin, Otaki, Kapiti, Waikanae, Paraparaumu, Paekakariki, Wellington, Plimmerton, Porirua, Tawa, Johnsonville, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Wainuiomata, Hawkes Bay, Wairoa, Napier, Hastings, Havelock, Waipukurau, Dannevirke, Wairarapa: Featherston, Pahiatua, Masterton, Carterton, Greytown, Tasman, Nelson, Blenheim, Picton, Motueka, West Coast, Westport, Greymouth, Hokitika, Wanaka, Queenstown, Twizel, Alexander, Te Anau, Canterbury, Christchurch, Kaikoura, Ashburton, Southland, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill, Balclutha, Mossburn, Gore.